You’re holding your breath. Crouched at the starting line, your every muscle is taut and primed. The world around you seems silent as you impatiently listen for the starter pistols’s shot. Sixty second feels like a lifetime …3……..2…….1 BANG!
If you’ve ever raced anything at all, you’ll be at least somewhat familiar with that feeling. Counting down to the start of any challenge is an intense moment. Well …our countdown has begun. The date is set and tickets have been purchased….we’ve less than 4 months to go. February 25th, 2018 will be our last day on American soil. We’ve come a long way since we started realizing our dream, almost 2 years ago. Between planning and work, our free-time has been nonexistent. So, its been a while since I’ve updated you, and its time to start sharing the details. Here are some of the thing’s we’ve accomplished in the past few months.
- Scored a $300 flight to Europe, with a 5 day Iceland stopover, by “travel hacking”
- Learned a bit about Iceland and booked our vehicle and accommodation
- Reserved 4 nights in Paris, and 2 Nights in Calais for $21/day per person
- Booked accommodations for 6 months in Europe $15/day- ROAD TRIP!
- Purchased backpacks and gear for the long road ahead
- As promised- a detailed log of expenses already incurred
- Passports, Permits, and Vaccines- oh my!
I’d love to tell you more about our adventures, so please stay tuned!